Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Centerville Ga

I left the Bridges house this morning with a full belly and good memories. Rodney, the husband, gave a donation to the cause this morning and wished me well. He and his family were accommodating on the highest level and I greatly appreciate what they did for me.
Once I left thier house I was only 10 miles away from my cousin and her husbands house here in Centerville. I walked most nearly half way when Jessica called me and wanted to meet up for pictures. Jessica is a staff reporter with the Houston Home Journal and heard about the Trek through the grapevine. We actually spoke over the phone last night and she wanted to grab a few pictures for her article. We met up at macros pizza where we had several slices of pie with banana peppers. We spoke about the walk and the people I get to meet along the way. As we were finishing our meal Sandra Sallee and two of her friends came up to greet us. They have been following the Trek and Sandra goes way back with my family. She and her friends talked with us for a bit and grabbed a few pics and wet about their way. Jessica then watched me "suit up" and she captured a few pics of me walking. We said our goodbyes and that was that.
I walked to my cousins house from there. She and her HUBBY were working so I ended up on the back porch with Brooke, their outside dog. Yes, there is an inside dog also. So Brooke and I sat in the backyard for about 4 hours and I tossed the ball and she brought it back. Pretty much went like that for those 4 hours. Laura came home and gave me the tour of their small mansion. My "lil" cuz has done well for herself I must say. Her husband Jarod was in the Airforce for several years and now works as a civilian on the airbase nearby. They are both great people and I am honored to be here.
Well, that's it for the day. I'm gonna go see what's for supper. Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Hey Matt, sounds like your doing great. Bet you have Valdosta in your cross hairs. enjoy the weather and the south. Your cause honorable at a time when the world is going crazy. Take care.

    Mike, Lutz

    ReplyDelete