Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Mission prep/Refit

It's tues night ppl! Time to get on the trail again tomm and continue the Trek For Hope! So New Balance contacted me over the weekend and offered a pair of shoes for the Trek which is huge.... I of course said yes, please when they offered. They sent me a pair of 993's from the Heritage Collection that have US Army embroidered in gold on the tounge along with the Flag and Army Star. On the back is the Flag with USA across it. So very cool. I don't want to wear them they are so pretty lol. No worries, I'm gonna wear them out!
A wonderful couple that my family has known for years took my mom and I out to eat tonight at the Smokin Pig here in Valdosta. That's good southern BBQ in case you couldn't tell from the name. Bill is a LtCol here at Moody AFB and he will be working with me in order to spreadthe word about the Trek through the various air bases Public Affairs offices. This will be a great opportunity for me to spread the cause to members of the Air Force.
So, the plan for tomm is to leave Valdosta and travel up 41 to and then thru Hahira and then on to Cecil for the night stop. I'll eventually go thru Tifton and Macon and on to Atlanta where I will head west to Birminham by paralleling I-20. Don't forget to check out FB, Twitter and the firstgiving.com/jacobparrish1 pages.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment